Many diamond setters use a 'pin vise', do you? Here are photos and many variations of them.
This particular pin-vise is a combination of two pices that I joined together. (Don't laugh) The handle was actually a "furniture leg" that I found in a hardware store and the "vise-clamp" was what I saw in a tool store.
REMEMBER, many unusual tools could be seen in other sources.
These two pins were brass-soldered and had little grooves cut into them. These grooves will eventually hold earring-studs, just below the 4-claw setting.
This combination of 'vise parts' gives sufficient clearance from the peice of jewellery from being bent or....ruined.
I drilled wide grooves into each pin to hold coins, but not endangering the 'face of any wide or thick coin'.
This is how each brass-pin looks after the modifications. These pins can be adjusted to hold any ultra-wide ornament (as seen above) down to a ultra-small piece of jewellery.
This 'extended Pin-Vise' prevents the constant need of shellac on most of the unusual parts of this brooch.
I will only have a maximum of 4 pins. With these holes I can now change where the pins can be placed.


.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment