This is one of the helpful lessons that I can show you. How can you recut your HSS metal cutting bur?
The initials HSS refers to "High Speed Steel" metal", this specialized cutting bur is not like the "Carbide" (softer steel) that you often see here.
You can see are the many HSS burs that I've been recutting. The size of them don't make any difference in the refurbishing process.
These burs are commonly known as 'bearing cutters' or "156C", but they can't be repaired.
================
No matter the metal strength, burs will tend to get worn down after being in contact with numerous alloys. The burs tend to be dollar expensive, the only technique in saving the cost is to RECUT them yourself.
What I do is to mark each tooth, this simple action lets me know which tooth has being 'touched'.
I ONLY TOUCH THE CUTTING AREAS, not the whole bur.
In this close-up photo, these teeth are again ready to do some interesting bezel cutting.
No comments:
Post a Comment