Tuesday, 15 September 2026

You want BEADS? => 12 (beaded) photos

You want BEADS? WOW, have I got BEADS for you?


 This one Onglet graver #2, was fashioned to make hundreds of beads. On the bottom of the blade, the sharp point was removed and made ready to be used again.
  

   I saw this necklace with this round disk with ??? diamonds.


 My #2 Onglete graver was carefully re-designed to be used specifically as a 'Bead Raiser'.


 For tight spots on the disk, I created and used 3 gravers all with different widths.
 With very tight spots on the ring, I preferred a graver with #1 Onglete width.


  On this unusual pendant, the stone setter chose beads with no set pattern.


 With the largest selection of gemstones, I placed all with one pattern. "Here, there and everywhere".
 For the smallest stones, I decided to set them in between the largest.

 I kept all of these round burs well within range for the drilling & spacing for the remaining stones. (this was not an easy task)


 Except for the two larger stones on my bench-peg, every stone got to be used.


 After I set every stone with 4 beads, I then placed beads in between the remaining stones. I didn't do any metal cutting inside where the stones lay. "Beads were eveywhere to be seen."
 IF YOU KNOW THE NUMBER OF STONES, you can start counting how many beads were formed.  Remember that number. THEN 4 beads per stone. Interesting calculations?

  This would be a fantastic project for anyone, of any level of jewellery crafting. Remember, if there any spaces, fill up all of the spaces with BEADS.  HAVE FUN AND ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment