Saturday, 10 October 2026

Teeth with DIAMONDS (#2) => 12 photos

 In this unusual essay, we will be describing how these little diamonds will stay in the metal.
                                ================
 In the center of the tooth there will be an invisible line running from the center, to the base of the tooth. This line will be the starting point of the diamond and its '8 beads'.

 You can see that all of the beads are eminating from this one point, agree? I engraved a line, but decided against it as you can see.

These four drilled beads are the starting point, as I mentioned. These beads must never be just drilled in a rough pattern. There will be a symetrical pattern throughout all of the 17 teeth.

 Even the four beads must be in a exacting pattern. From these 9 diamonds, the setter can layout an exacting design. From this point the setter can proceed further.

 As you can see the band of teeth must rest against the bench-peg. Many times this repositioning, will take continuous changing. 
 
 Never assume that the bridge of teeth is of one 'layout'. The tooth (or teeth) must be in the centre of the shellac-stick, as I will work on one tooth at a time.

 Ensure that all of the diamonds are of the same depth. The 'Table' of the diamond must be flat with the surface of the surrounding metal. Don't bead-set too many diamonds at one time, I prefer 4-5 stones at one session.

RULE #1:The beads have to be symetrical around the center stone.

 RULE #2: There must be no spaces anywhere on any tooth.
 
 You notice that at the base of each tooth, I chose to have a uniform area that will allow me to engrave a line, (if needed).

  I prefer to keep all of my setting tools in close proximitry to each other.

 The time involved in stone setting, is of no concern. We are dealing with 100% perfection!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment