Thursday, 8 October 2026

Do you want to read all of the details? => 12 Photos

           Teeth are very important and so are these photographs.             

  You are now starting to view 40 photographs taken from my setting bench.

 =>NONE OF THESE PHOTOGRAPHS HAVE BEEN PLAGURIZED FROM OTHER JEWELLERY SOURCES. 

                       <================ >

 With this Onglette, Bead Raiser and Twist-Drill, these are my only setting tools that I'm working with.

  Including my setting tools is the shellac-covered, wooden-holder are my basic tools to help me to gently create this 'piece of art'.


   Every hole was drilled and executed with precision that it was a challenge for me. This project lasted 2 weeks of stone setting plus deciding which stone would to be placed where.
 

  Every hole was not just drilled...It was marked in the metal, using a metal scribe and I was carefully pondering where to drill each hole. Once the hole was drilled. I used a bud bur and enlarged each hole to allow each stone to fit into the hole accurately.
 
 The first hole was more than a hole, it was the first step in a pattern of future stone settings. 
  Every metal tooth had a "center-point", from that center-point I guaged where the next group of stones will be set.

  I wanted every beading tool to be able to move metal over the girdle of each diamond.

  My shellac-stick had one task, that one task was hold the row of teeth securely. I wanted the tooth that I was working on had to be in the centre of the shellac stick.

 The shellac-stick had to have a slight recess in the shellac. That 'recess' was against the bench-peg and had to be held steady as a I wanted no movement while I was working with it.

 I chose the best sizes for EACH TOOTH. The center of each tooth had to have the largest stones.
 On the edge of each tooth will be the smallest diamonds. I WORKED ONE TOOTH AT A TIME.

 The center of each hole is where the Pavillion and Culet of the stone will be located. YOU CAN SEE WHERE THE BEADS ARE SITUATED. Now you can see the gradual pattern of the beads taking place for each stone.
 The beads were further apart and closer together near the centre stone.

 After two hours for the individual stone marking, drilling of the holes, choosing which stone to be set first and then the actual setting of the stones. This was not a simple stone setting project.

No comments:

Post a Comment