This kind of finishing is sometimes named as "cross-cut", hence the appearance of the 'liners'.
How is this created? The answer is relatively easy to explain.
1) The initial cutting with your 'liner' should be full of straight cuts. The next phase of cutting should be at a 90degree angle.
2) The second series of cutting should be more of a lighter finishing, but NOT TOO DEEP.
This photo displays the basic pattern of Florentine cutting.
This photo displays my very own Florentine engraving tool.
These 'liners' come in various widths =>6, 8 or even 10 lines.
I feel more comfortable with a thinner graver tip than having a thick front.
=>Here is what an engraver did with his 'liner', it looks like the veins of a plant eminating from the center of the flower.<=
My client gave me her bracelet adorned with numerous "line patterns". BEAUTIFUL!
These 'liners' come in various widths =>6, 8 or even 10 lines.
I have a Flat graver along side of my 'liner'.
The "Florentine" finish is actually a cross-cutting pattern of the previously shown 'Liner graver'. Some hand-engraving designers just use one set of lines, but the cross-cutting is more attractive.
All I did here was just scribe the surface, without digging into the metal. Here are four sets of line cutting, touching side-by-side.
I kept the silver shavings just for this photo. It's not the depth of the graver cutting...but how it was created.


.jpg)


.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment