Friday, 25 September 2026

How to create the 'beginning' of a WAX RING => 6 photos


From a roughly shaped circle of wax with no purpose (yet). We will create the basics of a ring (I hope)???

 
  With the large wax, it's now best to make both surfaces even and smooth from the saw-blade cutting.

 

 Next with a pair of pointed jaws, I will scribe with much care, 2 lines along the edge of this piece of wax.
 
 

  The next step is to use your saw-blade and with more absolute care and precision---->GENTLY cut along that scribed line.
 How deep should you cut? I'd ask you to cut just deep enough so that the saw-blade vanishes into the line of cutting.
Repeat your rotating wax until the unwanted wax is removed.
DON'T RUSH YOUR CUTTING !!!
 CUT THE WAX, ROTATE, CUT THE WAX, ROTATE, UNTIL THE UNWANTED WAX HAS BEEN REMOVED =>>>

  This slow cutting is very deliberate as this is so important. Don't hold the wax in your fingers as when you are holding any thin sliver of wax, it could very bend it out of shape. I suggest that you keep the ring on your steel mandrel.


 Run this piece of wax over a smoother file of a #2 grit. It's better to have this roughly hewn wax made smooth for other cutting.

  If you think that this sounds repetitive & boring. Let me just say that this tutorial essay explains the beginning of a serious creation of any wax ring.

=> Gerry Lewy! gerrylewy18@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment