Wednesday, 19 August 2026

THESE 'BEADS' ARE FOR YOU to Enjoy! =>12 photos

 From my extensive library of Diamond Setting photos, I've edited and altered the size of the selected pictures.
 Basically, these are now NEW for YOU!


 The stone was purposely unset, it was to show what it looked like before the gemstone was to be set.

 From a near-square block of metal, I'm now going to display what two lines can do in creating 'beads'. 
 I will first cut with an Onglette graver #1, then with an Onglette #2 at a much DEEPER DEPTH. 
 

 
 The next step is to use a small bud-shaped bur to widen the space. Once that this accomplished, I'd use my Bead-Burnisher and with a downward pressure 'round off' the square-points.
 These are your new BEADS!! Gently use another bud-bur and make these new beads deeper in depth and wider in size.



  Although that this was a CAD design. It shows the uniformity of both height and width of these mini-claws.
                         =====================================
 This was originally a FLAT-top Gent's ring with no spaces for stones. You can see the new beads and the bead-burnisher doing what is necessary. These new beads are now gently burnished and soft to the touch.

 Can you imaine bead-burnishing a Genuine Emerald, just make sure the edge of the conical shape of the burnisher doesn't touch the facets of the Moh's Scale 6 Emerald.
 I prefer if you'd use a 10x power loupe and examine the results.

 Here I'm holding the burnishing tool at a 90 degree angle.

  All of the beads are now uniform in size. This is so very important, it must be repeated...OFTEN!

 Even if many beads are not covering any stone, the "decorative, inside-beads" have to be burnished as well.

                              Did you enjoy this essay on BEADS?

No comments:

Post a Comment